We are starting Week 17 today. According to my lovely pregnancy app on my phone, the baby measures about 4.5 to 5 inches from crown to rump and weighs approximately 3.5 ounces making it the size of an onion. Side note -- last week (week 16), the baby was the size of an avocado. I thought avocados were bigger than onions. Maybe all the onions I've seen have been small. Anyway, back to it...
The baby starts to form fat under its skin week. Interesting note -- at birth, 2-6% of the baby's weight will be fat. The baby's movements are becoming stronger and more frequent as the bones continue to harden. Loud noises outside the uterus may also startle the baby.
I followed a blog of someone who was pregnant and at the end of each weekly update, she would answer a series of questions. I think I'm going to start that here.
How far along? 17 weeks today
Total Weight Gain/Loss: depends on the scale. My scale at home seems to weigh lighter than the scale at my office and the scale at the doctor's office. My other thought is I weigh myself first thing in the morning at home and the other scales come later in the day. But, according to the scale at work, I'm up 7lbs ("normal" range is 5lbs - 9lbs at this point in pregnancy). Just to gauge, I gained 30 with Kate.
Maternity Clothes: Not really although I did wear a maternity skirt to work earlier in the week and it was oh so comfortable!
Stretch Marks: Nope. I didn't get many (if any with Kate) so I'm interested to see what happens this time around.
Symptoms: I feel like I'm back in the first trimester again. I'm almost constantly tired and moody. God Bless my husband and child!
Sleep: Depends on the day. Some nights I could swear I didn't move an inch. Other nights I feel like I'm up every hour.
Best moment of the week: Finally realizing what I'm feeling is baby movement. Baby does NOT like it when I sneeze! It's like a kickboxing class in there after I sneeze!
Miss anything?: Beer/fruity adult drinks
Movement: I feel it every now and then. Nothing consistent yet.
Food Cravings: It changes based on the day. Most of the time it's Italian or Mexican. Or a beer. Or mashed potatoes...must keep potatoes and peas in the house at all times!
Anything make you sick or queasy?: Again, it changes based on the day. Most recently it's been salads (thank you food poisoning).
Have you started to show yet?: Depends on the day, the time of day, who you ask, and what I wear. I've had people tell me that I look pregnant today and I've also had people tell me that they can't even tell I'm pregnant. I can tell, but I can also feel what's happening (and all that stretching!).
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.