The baby now measures about 1.75 inches from head to heel and is about 3 pounds. She is very conscious of her environment and is becoming more sensitive to light and can actual distinguish between sunlight and artificial light. Her eyes can more in her eye sockets and she is more attuned to sound, taste, and smells. Her lungs are working at near optimal levels.
How far along? 30 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I haven't found my way to a scale this week and that's probably a good thing with all the Thanksgiving yumminess that was consumed this past week. I do have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday so I won't be able to avoid the scale much longer.
Stretch Marks: Nope, however, my skin has been itching like CRAZY thanks to the pregnancy and the drier winter air.
Symptoms: Nothing new. Still tired, charlie horses, not sleeping well, etc.
Sleep: Not sleeping all the well. I can get about 3 hours of sleep per side IF I'm lucky (which is sad since that's much better than what I was getting before I had the body pillow).
Best moment of the week: Thanksgiving -- food, family, fun
Miss anything?: Being able to lay flat. I think I've talked about this before, but I can't lay flat (or even recline past a certain point) without being light headed, dizzy, having my heart race, etc. This is COMPLETELY normal as the weight of the baby and uterus pushing on some nerves and blood vessels. Unfortunately, it will continue to get worse (as everything gets bigger) before it gets better BUT the end is in sight!
Movement: I think she may come out already knowing how to roll over. We've switched from kicks and jabs to rolls back and forth.
Food Cravings: I had a McDonald's sweet tea for the first time since getting pregnant -- I made Matt stop on the way home from Thanksgiving to get one (and I almost cried when the first McDonald's we went to was closed!).
Anything make you sick or queasy?: This week hasn't been too bad actually. I swear our tap water smells bad, however, Matt thinks I'm making it up.
Anything on the To-Do List this week baby related?: Not really. I am hoping to get Lauren's name plaque done and hung. We could get the car seat bases in the car....and we could put the swing together (although it would have nowhere to go since the Christmas tree is in it's spot). We are honestly at a stand still with getting things together and ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.